View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 11:40 PM

Default Re: Communication Issues between young and elder, alike!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDDrummer View Post
Um, you misspelled "abandoned" and "grammar." ;-)

JK, JK, I'm just playing here. It seems that you have a good sense of humor, and I'm the class clown. Hehe!
Sorry, I only did a quick skim for proof reading... I know 'grammar' is spelled with an a. I swear, I spell better when I'm inebriated...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magenta View Post
You do see the irony here, don't you?
Indeedus I do, purplish, red color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anduin View Post
And here I thought only geezers used the word “folk”!
I get my choice of diction from many older books I read. I hate young adult books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by opentune View Post
THIS has nothing to do with young vs old, written vs spoken word, emoticons or not. It has to do with clarity, how clear people can communicate. As emoticons are not words, and there is no body language on the internet, the clarity of what and how people write on messages (including this board) is all the more important. (warning: no emoticon here at end)
To better clarify, yes, this is what I primarily meant. The clarity from body language gives much more detail, many times, I think, more than even spoken word does. I am really good at reading body language, facial expressions, etc... I know when my girlfriend is upset by something, she doesn't have to tell me for me to know. The answer is in her beautiful evil witch eyes...

also, the emoticon taunting isn't much appreciated. I say it helps, but I function just fine without it.