View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 10:19 PM

Default Re: Communication Issues between young and elder, alike!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUNTERSDAD View Post
I think an easier method of communicating would be to use proper grammar, Capitalize the names of songs, albums, singers names, books. I have yet to see an emoticon in the dictionary that is my guide to proper spelling and grammar. Probably why smilies and such are not supposed to be used on this forum I think if you have to use one of these, 8+) at the end of every sentence to suggest a joke or sarcasm then your writing skills need improvement. 8+)
I didn't use them until I was 14, I can survive without them. My writing skills requires no improvement, I had some of the best writings in my class. It is not that I have work to be done, it is that I have worked on it too much. I have two styles of writing, one is a formal, "work and acquaintances" writing. The other, my informal, "friendly natured" writing. I use the former only when necessary, because I can, better than most my age. The latter is for friendly places (or supposed to be) like this, texting, etc. My question wasn't about me, though. It is because there are some people here that I honestly don't know if they're being playful or not, which can be a problem. I have the ability to effectively convey a message without the use of emoticons. I am doing it now. It's not hard, just longer.