View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 06:17 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Joe Walsh - The truth about music

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Satellite Brian View Post
I really have no idea where you got the idea that I thought bands should play for free, I never meant to insinuate that all. All I was saying was that actual copies of records can be found for free regardless of the decisions they make, someone will always put it up for download on Piratebay ect. Without the bands permission, all I was trying to say is that bands need to adapt to this change and learn how to continue making money as musicians, the thing I was arguing against, is the view point of Joe Walsh complaining about people being able to download music free and not adapting to changes. Joe was obviously not complaining about free shows because he only plays high paying gigs.

I am absolutely not saying bands should play for free, in any sense.

It was probably a misscommunication on my part, but all I was trying to say about music being free is in the terms of recorded material.

When I addressed free shows all I was trying to say was that I would rather have that option available to me than not if I were a casual musician doing music as a hobby or a second job.
Side note: I enjoyed hearing everyones view on the matter, if I seemed somewhat irritated it's because I was unclear on what tamadrum was trying to say ( still a little confused on his point).
I thought my point was chrystal clear.

Play for free = stupid

Free music = just plain wrong.Intellecual property is NOT free

Bands who seek perfection in an organic,human performance(which is inherently flawed) = OCD

Steve B