View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 03:26 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: 7 years of hard work - finished! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamadrm View Post
So,what will you do with all that extra time on your hands?The kids are in school right,so it's you and the Mrs.....nod nod ....wink wink.......know what I mean,know what I mean, a.:):):)

Steve B
Kids are all left home by the end of this month! My son has already flown the nest. As for the "wink wink", well, in this hot weather, the waterfall is beckoning ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by longgun View Post
................amazing, just flat out amazing!...................do you have any "Before and after" pics?
Unfortunately, my before photo's are on my other (now broken) computer. I'll have to find a way of retrieving them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aydee View Post

Andy, YOU NEED A KOI POND!!!! .............And then you're done.

Kidding....... Its stunning. Everything. Your aesthetic sense shines through all the photographs. It is beautiful and understated and classy! Love it.
Thanks Abe, but no Koi pond. We have lots of herons around here, & that's just too much work :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
Wow Andy,

The photos can't begin to explain the hard work behind the final product. It's absolutely beautiful. It's easy to see that NOTHING was placed haphazardly. The placement of every boulder, tree, shrub and pebble was envisioned long before the photos were taken.
You certainly have to be able to see beyond the present when planning these kinds of works. Moving several tons of boulders after the fact isn't an option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacteriumFendYoke View Post
You should visit my local. You'd see the other side to pub culture then!
There's certainly a full selection of "flavours" available in the UK ;)

Guys, the first half of our final job took place this morning. We chopped Cedric the dragon down, pending re-homing next week. He needs a lot of TLC to his extremities, plus we were concerned about roots rotting in the coming years. He'll be attached to the front of our barn/garage. Quite an engineering task, but I've worked out a method :) Pictures when that happens.

For now, here's a couple of shots from this morning's fun (using the neighbour's tele handler).
Attached Images