View Single Post
Old 07-14-2013, 08:07 PM
Gold Member

Default Re: Flat-Base Hardware - DW vs. Ludwig vs. Gibraltar

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlCrafton View Post
I ordered some of those smaller "regular" ATLAS feet yesterday for my Hi-hat stand, and the snare stand I use for my tom (so it could get under my actual snare stand easier).

I had him get me another set of Aerodine feet too, so I can take the 3 sets of ATLAS feet and put them on my DW FB stands :-)
Nice ideas...

I actually just got the long Aerodyne Tilter Clamp (LAP3T6) and use it for a bass drum mounted ride cymbal stand.

I have the Classic lug on the bass drum and was using the Gibraltar arm. That worked great with a 24" Giant Beat ride, but it was pretty wobbly with my much heavier 24" 2002 ride. I had an L arm from something else that's smaller on one side (9.5mm?) and bigger on the other side (12mm?)

Works perfect and feel much more stable. I actually don't even notice it moving when I'm playing. Probably will when playing harder in a live situation, but still much more stable than the more vintage style Gibraltar arm.

Anyway, I'm pretty happy with this setup. This new arm I got would also work great on the "other" end of a boom stand to get two cymbals on one stand.
Attached Images