Thread: I hate Macs!
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2013, 08:30 PM
Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator

Default Re: I hate Macs!

I've been brought up in an IBM world, starting with Fortran back in 1976. I am still heavily vested in Windows OS, but got a MacBook a few years, and an iPad just for fun.

I appreciate what a Mac does, and also the virtues of a PC (funny, when I was coming up, everything was technically a PC.) There's a lot of crossover between the two platforms, and certain things at which each excels. While I like some of the intuitiveness of the Mac OS and especially the i devices, I find that there are some limitations and some maddening aspects. I guess the same can be said for a PC.

In the end, I've still got my MacBook but I use my PC, and I keep an iPad handy for 3G access when I travel. I haven't made the leap to a smartphone yet, but that's imin...immen... about to take place. Really digging the iPhone5, also lured by the SamsungS4, although the Windows phones have no appeal for me.

Anyway, depending what you do the most, the Mac may be the best choice. It does excel at audio and video applications, and in fact I have Final Cut Pro and Logic on my MacBook, while the PC is all business, web, and graphics.

Bermuda