Thread: Random Thoughts
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 04:20 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Random Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumEatDrum View Post
This.

And even know, I've taken one step further: It better be a small or local brewery.

If you have a Trader Joes, check out Black Toad. It's a "house brand" re-packaged from a small brewery. Really dark, but not super heavy, and best of all, it's not ubber expensive the way most dark beers are.
+1...I don't drink anything that isn't micro-brewed unless it's Sam Adams or little known Yuengling lagers, black and tans or porters.The oldest brewery in the USA,and still cranking out pretty good stuff.The're in Pottersville PA., so a few bars in NYC have it on tap,and you can get 1/4 kegs for parties.

I mostly stick with European/German beers like Spaten,Pschorr Brau,Pilsner Urquell,Krombacher,and Holstein Pilsner.There's a beer distributor only 1/2 mile from my house that stocks over 150 different brands of beer.

There's also two German restaurants on the island that have import beer on tap(neither one has any big American beers on tap) .I go there on occasion to get my wurst and kraut or Jeager schnitzel and potato balls fix.

Prost!

Steve B