View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 08:04 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaard View Post
I believe that was http://drummerworld.com/forums/member.php?u=31875 (DrummingApril). She also said that Jojo Mayer couldn't/shouldn't play jazz because he somehow hadn't played it long enough(jojo started playing jazz) and that Steve Hass is the best drummer in the world. She also had some kind of white knight that constantly followed her around and kept defending all her posts and such.
That's the one!

I didn't know about the Jojo comments. Wow. Just... wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Eder View Post
Yeah, sometimes I'll never understand the human condition regarding that hate stuff. People just have to be genuine and plug away and what they do. More power to anybody landing a gig period. There's so little work out there compared to how many players there are that it's good to see people moving onward and upward, eh?
Perfectly stated, Bo. The last sentence says it all. It's so tough to make it that I have to tip my hat to anyone who can pull it off in this tough business. Hannah took a lot of flak for having a publicity team around her, but so what? Whatever it takes. You still have to be able to play to get a gig like that. More power to her, I say.

Last edited by Bernhard; 07-18-2013 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Edited by Arky: merging consecutive posts