View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 11:24 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Hannah Ford and Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep it simple View Post
How about the "Fired Up" boys? :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8XNqDPXaqA&hd=1

Ok, maybe I'm not quite so attractive as Hanna. I'll get my coat :(

I did see her in a prince video a while back. Sounded pretty good, but who knows how that was generated. Certainly a prime gig for Hanna, that's for sure. Good luck to her :)
Good plug there, Andy ;)

Actually I was thinking of the more esoteric tunes like "Computer Blue" or "Sign o' the times". In fact, on their facebook page, they do a version of Billy Cobham's "Stratus" which I thought was pretty cool - I never heard it as a crunchy metal song before. But the question remains if Prince was part of that recording or not. You do hear two guitar parts going on, but they don't say who's playing what.

In fact, if you want to talk about Hannah's drumming, I actually like it when people just play their parts and put the music first. Everytime I've seen a YouTube video of anybody up and coming (including the few times I've seen Hannah do it), it's always filled with so much of that "bs that they play". Don't get me wrong, I'm like alot of people and I appreciate chops (and wish I could do it myself), but without the context of a song I lose interest in about 45 seconds (sorry to open up that can of worms again, but it's true).