View Single Post
Old 06-29-2013, 02:26 PM
Silver Member

Default Re: Your stick preferences and why.

I think I've settled on the stick size I like. I used to use 2B's after about my first year of playing where I found my size however, I went to music college and the drum teacher who was an old jazz guy hated the fact I used slightly thicker sticks and forced me to use smaller ones and that my playing would be better for it.
I spent the next 11-12 years or so trying every kind of smaller stick out there and I admit I found some I quite liked but, never thought I found 'my' stick.

I went into the drum centre on day not too long ago and they didn't have my sticks in so I thought 'ah what the hell' and got some 2B's for a laugh and guess what? They were perfect!

They just fit my hands nicely, I can feel them, I don't really have trouble playing quietly at all with them.
It annoys me that I was so influenced by someone else just out of respect and now I have the confidence and experience to say these are the sticks for me, don't tell me I'm wrong.

How can someone else tell you what works best for your body? We have completely different builds let alone styles...

So yeah, Vater 2B's nylon tips for me at the moment but I will try other 2B's and wood types etc.

Anyone else had an experience like this?