Originally Posted by Zickos
If this happens again, I will either unplug the piano amp or shoot the singer.
Seems like a reasonable solution heh.
I have only had issues with shock a few times. I'd never experimented with anything other than hickory though.
It makes sense that maple sticks would tranfer more shock though, since it's a more dense wood, the vibrations may be transferred directly to your hands. With a less dense wood, the molecules have space to vibrate on their own so some of the vibrations may be absorbed before they get to your hands.
This is all just my assumption though. Some verified science would definitely be interesting though :)