View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 05:40 AM

Default Re: Can younger people appreciate music better than people of an advanced age?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TColumbia37 View Post
What I'm getting at is that, to me, Skrillex songs all sound the same (more so than most music, with the exception of metalcore/death metal, so we can agree on that), and pretty much all Dubstep sounds the same to me, and lacks real talent and creativity. I just didn't really word it well, as I was in an awful mood. I do think it could be a blast to play to, though.
I think dubstep is a different kind of talent, because in order to produce 'quality' music, one has to be pretty apt at using different computer programs.

Quote:
I related that to the Ramones, because they pretty much made a career of playing the same chord progression in different keys, and calling each one a different song.
Makes sense now, I hardly ever listen to the Ramones if ever.

Quote:
It just doesn't seem right to me to say that songs of one genre all sound the same when you listen to the type of music that, to me, is within the top 5 of the 'all songs sound the same' list.
Fair enough, but keep in mind that just because I've listed a particular band/artist, doesn't mean I own or have heard their entire discography, it just means they at least have a couple songs I think are pretty good, even if they are very similar. I just listed the first several artists that came to mind.

Quote:
This, of course, is all just based off of personal preference and opinion
True, this whole topic is mostly opinion.