View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 03:56 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Flat-Base Hardware - DW vs. Ludwig vs. Gibraltar

Yeah, the feet on DW, & add the memory locks to the Ludwig....

I can buy those feet for my DW stuff, but, I haven't coughed up the dough for 4 or 5 stands worth... They do work great though.
Gibraltar's 7/8 memory locks work (and fit right), but there isn't one to fit the top tube on the straight stand for the Ludwig. Some people don't care, but I WANT memory locks on my stands.

Ludwig's tilter is smooth, and being able to move it around is cool when the height is just right, but having the DW tilter "in line" with the tube is something I like better, and I like the space adjustment thing. I like some swing, but I don't like the cymbal to flop around. I switched out the top felt on the Ludwig stands and used a thicker one to solve that issue, but, some people don't even use felts, or don't mind a lot of swing in cymbals.

No product is perfect or has "everything", so 'ya just fiddle around to make it work the way you want.

The Ludwig stands are about a year old, the DW's are 4-5 years old, and both are great for my use--and are light!
Oh, and a 24" cymbal used to crash A LOT, and no worries from either brand :-)