View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 10:14 PM

Default Re: Europe travel question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon La Ply View Post
Do you guys think it's a good idea to reserve a week per place? Too long? Not long enough?

Thanks D but I've booked the Hilton for a week ... a floor might have been good 35 years ago :) I'm thinking Amsterdam, just to see what it feels like to be an adult in a more mature culture.

DED, Madge and Andy were talking about Stockholm. Pretty cold by Aussie standards.

Madge, I'm wondering how Rome would be for a single untravelled woman.
Paris definitely deserves a week. A week in Amsterdam may be a bit long but it's easy to travel by train in Holland and visit other towns. Copenhagen is a bit like Amsterdam. If you want to see Vienna and include London too, I would not squeeze even more places into the schedule, because you lose a day each time you fly (pack up, get to the airport, wait, eat, fly, get to the hotel, eat...).

Reserve your flights early because prices go through the roof as you get closer to the travel date. If you're tempted by Ryanair or Easyjet low fares, these companies are totally decent and reliable, it's just that they usually fly from a totally out of the way place to a totally out of the way place. For hotels etc there is less urgency as no European is on holidays late Sept/early Oct.

Have fun!