View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 05:58 AM
Gold Member

Default Re: Vic Firth Signature Sticks - Weird break

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket-full-of-gold View Post
Hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but sometimes things (especially things like sticks) just break.

Gotta be honest here, I've never heard of anyone contacting the company over one solitary broken stick........I just don't think it warrants it. If every stick in the batch broke after a short amount of time, sure. But one stick? Talk about mountains out of molehills.

Rather than write letters to the editor or protest in the streets, you just grab another one and move on, don't you?
Didn't look at it that way, perhaps I am overreacting................These were relatively new sticks, less than an hour of playing time with them.......and mostly "softer" playing too.

I guess I looked at them as defective and I'll let VF know. I am not looking for free stuff, but they may have had a QA/QC type problem..........I don't know how they could even check for defects like that, but I'm sure they do.

Other than normal "wear and tear" I've been extremely happy with VF sticks and will continue to use them, regardless of what their response is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUNTERSDAD View Post
Rarely do you see baseball bats break but at times they just explode. No one can X-ray or predict the inside grain flaws on a drum stick and hopefully this is a strange one.
I hope so too.