View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 11:14 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Europe travel question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon La Ply View Post
Do you guys think it's a good idea to reserve a week per place? Too long? Not long enough?

Thanks D but I've booked the Hilton for a week ... a floor might have been good 35 years ago :) I'm thinking Amsterdam, just to see what it feels like to be an adult in a more mature culture.

DED, Madge and Andy were talking about Stockholm. Pretty cold by Aussie standards.

Madge, I'm wondering how Rome would be for a single untravelled woman.
Four or five days would do for me, but I have the attention span of a gnat.

Never been to Amsterdam, always wanted to.

Stockholm does start to get cold in October, but why on earth would you NOT want to visit the Abba museum?? Oh wait ...

What are you thinking re Rome, Grea, harrassment? If so, I don't think it would be a problem: I'm fine with the prospect of my 19 and 20-year-old daughters trundling off by themselves (albeit together) when we go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulmoski View Post
I visited Vienna for a week last summer (Klimt's 150th Anniversary) and had a great time. We visited Paris a few years ago and stayed about 4 days (not enough time). I frequently visit Amsterdam and stay a week at a time. All three are cities I really enjoy and will return. I like vacations that are relaxed so that I can recharge my batteries. I don't want a 10 country trip in 3 weeks.

Therefore, I would recommend reserving a place in each of the 3 cities for a week. All three cities offer a lot to do and there are opportunities for day trips if you run out of things to do in the city.

Have a great time.

GJS

p.s. a night or two in Bruges will also add a really nice side trip.
Bruges is BEAUTIFUL and you will eat and drink well there!