View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 07:51 PM

Default Re: Budget Electronic Drum Kit?

I agree. go with Roland or Yamaha. Bear in mind that e-kits do not usually come with drum throne or kick pedal, so those will be extra, unless you find a package/promotion. Not sure of the UK price at local stores, but the Roland TD-11ks is a nice solid kit. Here's a pretty good deal in the UK for a kit with throne, sticks, kick pedal, and headphones!:

http://www.dawsons.co.uk/roland-td-1...ronic-drum-kit

Also, very important, the kit, being electric, will only sound as good as the headphones you are wearing. The ones in the package are not going to be that good, I assume. I would recommend Audio-Technica ATH-M50 headphones, for something good that won't break the bank. Got mine for $120 U.S. pricing even though I'm in Canada. The throne is not as critical or course. The kick drum pedal could be a factor to consider, but best to let your husband get the feel of e-drums from this or another kit, and then, if he's serious, he can upgrade based on his needs/preferences as he gets into it. Everything, including pads, is upgradeable; he can just keep the 'brain' (module) and switch pads over, even getting second-hand.