View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 01:18 AM
Silver Member

Default Re: Is the P3000D pedal worth it?

I used to be in love with that pedal upon first playing it, but I've changed my mind since then. A year ago, I would have told you that it was the best pedal on the market.

My old drummer got this pedal, on my recommendation, so I got the chance to play on it quite a bit. Maybe it was just his specific pedal, but the more time I spent with it, the less I liked it. It wasn't as responsive as I felt it should have been, and the direct drive didn't make that big of a difference. I play a DW5000 dual chain drive, and I love the thing. It feels so much better to me than the Demon.

Heck, I used to own a $40 Gretsch Blackhawk pedal that I preferred over the Demon Drive.

And it has too many options for me. I like to keep things simple. The way I see it is that, a REALLY good quality pedal doesn't need tons of adjustment options. Just beater angle and spring tension.

My views on my friend's pedal probably has a bit to do with how he had it set up (he didn't really know what he was doing in that sense), but I just feel like they tried to put too much into something so basic.

All in all, my take on it is that, the first time I played it, I was amazed And then it just kept going downhill from there. I just think you can get something just as good, if not better, for a much better price. But if you can find one used for a good price, I'd say go for it.