View Single Post
Old 06-01-2013, 06:52 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Disapointed in ProMark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Tempered Clavier View Post
If someone is genuinely trying to restore ProMark's good name then fair enough - but I suggest that a good start would be to either recall these b-stock sticks that are still quite common in my part of the world or at least compensate dealers sufficiently so that they can sell them at b-stock prices.
Unfortunately in many cases it's the individual stores that won't take bad or defective stock off the shelves and keep trying to sell it. I am glad, at least, that when I pulled a pair of Pro-Mark 5Bs at my local shop and they turned out to be warped, they took them in the back, never to be seen again.

But for whatever reason, Vic is easier to get in my neck of the woods, and I am happy with the consistency and quality. I still have some ProMark 5Bs left from an old brick, and I use them for practice room sticks or I give them away to kids who are getting into drumming.

I also don't see very many ProMark extended-length sticks, which I prefer. Vic has multiple extended models (longer than 16 1/4").

I really liked Pro-Mark's Pro Grip models, but they were harder than anything to find anywhere locally, even in Seattle.