View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 08:03 PM

Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS: Please Use This Thread To Introduce Yourself!

Real name?
Henrik

Age?

How long have you been playing?
Started taking lessons at age 13, so 22 years..

Origin of user name?
I have an interest in the occult.

Your top 5 drummers?
John Longstreth, Steve Asheim, Cozy Powell, eerrrhmmm... I like a lot of drummers.

Make of drumkit?
Mapex M birch, 8, 10, 12, 16 inch toms. 22x18 inch bass. The 8" is a Meridian tom that I added and I have a 13" also which I don't use.
Addiction Drum Design 13"x6" segment snare made of bloodwood with oak linings and also a Premier Heavy Rock Nine (14x9") brass and birch snare. It weighs a ton.
Pdp B.O.A. double pedal. The best I've had.
Proud owner of a 28x14" Ludwig marching bass drum that I've put legs on. I'm a bit of a drum hoarder, I admit.

Make of cymbal?
14" Sabian HH hi-hat, 16, 18 & 19" Paiste Thin Rude crashes for rehearsal and live purposes. 14, 16, 17" Meinl Mb10 Medium crashes for recording. 13" TRX ICON extra hi-hat full of rivets. 18" Paiste Visions medium china, 20" Meinl Classics Custom Extreme Metal ride AND a 20" Meinl Mb10 Bell Blast ride that I use only occasionally.
Like I said. Hoarder...

Where do you practice?
Tables and knees when at home. My rehearsal spot is in the neighbouring town, 30 mins. drive from where I live.

Are you in a band?
If you would call a duo a band. Me and a long time guitarist friend have played in various constellations together since forever. Right now there's just the two of us but where looking for personel.

Do you play covers or originals?
Mostly our own stuff but of course, striking up a great cover every now and then is great fun.

What style of music?
Heavy metal, to not get too detailed or sub genre specific.

Favourite take out food?
Indian, but a home cooked meal is hard to beat!

What country do you live in?
Sweden!

One really odd fact about yourself?
What an odd question. Some say I resemble Gary Busey. Is that a compliment?

How did you start drumming?
First time I saw a drum kit was when my late dad took me to his job. He was an arts teacher at a school and he showed me the music class room. And there it was, in all its might, the drum kit! I was hooked from second one. I must have been about five yo, so I started beating on the livingroom sofa with butter knives to my mom's ABBA records!
I was soon presented with my first pair of sticks but it took years before I got a set.

One more thing that really made me choose drums instead of guitar was that I thought that Peter Criss had the coolest looking make-up of Kiss...

Last edited by Exorcyst; 05-30-2013 at 08:16 PM.