View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 08:34 AM

Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS: Please Use This Thread To Introduce Yourself!

Real name?
Justin

Age?

How long have you been playing?
I have been seriously playing the drums for five or six years roughly.

Origin of user name?
My band "Half8n".

Your top 5 drummers?
Danny Carey, Dave Grohl, John Dolmayan, Josh Freese, and Sean Kinney. :)

Make of drumkit?
I have a Chinese oak PDP 7 piece set. It includes a 14'' Snare, 8'',10'' and 12'' mounted toms, a 14'' and a 16'' floor tom, and a 22'' Base drum. 14'' Zildjian High Hats, including a High Hat lock and a DW 5000 release pedal. DW 9000 Double Base pedals, 3 DW Straight Cymbal stands, 2 DW Boom Cymbal stands and 1 DW Dual Cymbal Multi-Stand.

Make of cymbal?
I have 7 cymbals A 20'' Zildjian Ride Cymbal, an 18'' Paiste Rock Crash, a 17'' Paiste Thin Crash, a 16'' Sabian Thin Crash, a 14'' Paiste Medium Crash, a 12'' Meinl Splash and finally, a 12'' Meinl China!! :D

Where do you practice?
My Living room

Are you in a band?
Absolutely! I am the drummer of Half8n! - www.half8n.com

Do you play covers or originals?
Both! You can find me and Half8n on Youtube. we play a variety of covers on stage, such as Too many puppies by Primus, and Beer by Psychostick. We also play a lot of our own songs. You can find video of that too, or download it from our Reverbnation page! http://www.reverbnation.com/half8n!
http://www.youtube.com/Half8n

What style of music?
Mostly Rock but we prefer not to limit ourselves.

Favourite take out food?
I prefer something home cooked! ;)

What country do you live in?
I live in the United States of America.

One really odd fact about yourself? Nothing about me, but my band Half8n Recorded our First Ep CD in 2011, when Serj from System of a Down referred Sylvia Massey of RadioStar Studios to Half8n. Thus creating the Ep CD "We Were Here", also downloadable from Itunes or the Half8n Reverbnation page!

How did you start drumming?
I've always been full of energy, tapped on everything as a kid. Annoyed everyone. Music seemed fun and interesting enough to stick with. So one day my family was at guitar center, and my brother got a bass guitar for his first instrument, so when asked what i would want, i chose the drums.