View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 12:21 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: English drummer killed in attack.

I have experience of large immigrant communities. At one stage, I was teaching in a school that had around 65% of pupils from a Yoruba background in what was ten years ago almost entirely White British. So please don't tell me that I haven't experienced some of the side-effects of mass immigration.

You know what? There were no problems - at least in my experience. Doubtless there are tensions in the area and in fact this recent news story is only about three miles from the school that I taught in! But those that committed these acts are simply using religion as an excuse to commit violence. It has nothing to do with race.

Now my experience isn't the same as everybody else's.

The fact is that you have explicitly stated that you dislike 'The Nepalese'. Which is a very, very wide brush indeed. Trying to hide behind your perception of reality and not acknowledging that you have preconceived biases is disingenuous.

If you actually do the maths, it's a 15% change in population. Which is large. I will grant you that in any area with such a large population increase there are undoubtedly going to be issues with infrastructure and public services but that is regardless of the ethnic background of the individuals involved.