View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 10:37 PM

Default Re: English drummer killed in attack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacteriumFendYoke View Post
Sorry. You can say what you like but there is never any excuse for racism. You may be unhappy with a perceived change in living conditions as a result of increased population but that is utterly separate to the region that these individuals are from. If you could live in a country where human rights are respected, the rule of law is generally well implemented, access to courts is relatively fair and the levels of political corruption are low - wouldn't you also move from a country where none of these examples were present? If the population had simply increased as a result of increased birth rates and decreased birth rates then you would have exactly the same problems with living conditions that you cite.

Yeah. You would move. You and I both know you would.

You don't counter racism with racism either. You counter it with embracing the cultural differences and opening a dialogue.

You're saying that I'd have human sh*t on the paths around town? That there would be 2 dedicated days in my local surgery to Nepalese residents - where they have to employ translators (45,000 a year each by the way) - that you're not allowed an appointment on... if these people were English born? No. That is a direct byproduct of there being an influx of a particular race of people. Fact.

There was no sh*t on the streets before they flooded the area, there was no language restrictions on public services, and the population rise was approx 5% per year.

This isn't racism, it's honesty. Facts and honesty from someone who lives here (moved into the area about 10 years ago). I don't blame them for coming over - I blame the government for giving them an open un-controlled door in without prior thought as to spreading them about a bit to ease the strain on local services.

I have 6 Nepalese in the house next door to me, a 2 bedroom property, and they wash in the front garden, chase my cats and crap in the back garden. This is not an isolated incident.