View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 09:29 PM
"Uncle Larry"

Default Re: English drummer killed in attack.

My father summed it up for me in a simple way that even I could understand. He said, on one "side" you have people who value life more than death, and by gum they are convinced they are in the right. On the other "side" you have people who value death more than life who are even more convinced they are in the right. That's what we have to work with. No changing it. I just don't see that coming together anytime soon. That's just the way it is. The only thing you can do is to attempt to work with what you have. Acceptance. You can't have positive without negative, just like you can't have night without day. Life does not work that way. Life has to balance. For every 1.4367 ounces of positive in the universe, there has to be 1.4367 ounces of negative. It's just physics. Our Sun has exactly as much energy trying to blow it apart, as it has trying to collapse in on itself. It could not exist without perfect balance, and neither can people apparently.

If this titanic social issue were an electrical problem that I had to troubleshoot, this is what I'd do.

At some point, one side, for the sake of everyone, has to take it upon themselves, to "admit defeat" to the other "side". The energy between them has to be be neutralized by one side moving over to the other. The 2 sides HAVE to come together as one, there's no other way. What it takes is one side being more socially mature than the other, like a parent to a child. Like OK you guys win. What is it you want us to do? Only then is there a chance of actual talk and progress. Just for clarity, I'm not saying the one side has to do what the other side wants, the whole idea is to open a new dialogue that's never been explored before. I say let's throw the towel in this Jihad war and declare a winner. You guys win. We are not as passionate about life as you are about death. So can we move on? What can we do to work together? Hey that might not work but what we're doing isn't working either. It's a pipe dream.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Clearly, we are all insane lol.