View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 08:20 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: English drummer killed in attack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon La Ply View Post
I suspect they believe you're evil because they believe the propaganda, old bean. People are the same everywhere.

There's a lot of tension due to globalisation. The world is in transition to a new age according to Michio Kaku, who has some very interesting thoughts on all this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NPC47qMJVg
I don't think these people are deluded, or misinformed due to propaganda. They know what I believe and I know what they believe (for clarity, pretend the words "violent Muslim extremists" are inserted parenthetically after every word I write here). We have beliefs that we hold dear and they have beliefs they hold dear and we are all very vocal about what they are in this increasingly interconnected world. Websites on the Internets, stories about life in far-off lands where rape victims are subject to public flogging, pictures of public demonstrations with large-letter signs, random butchery in the streets with a video explanation - stuff like that is hard to miss, or misinterpret.

When people call for the beheading of those who insult them, I take them at their word, at least as a matter of courtesy. Like Maya Angelou said, "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them."