View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 06:24 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Roland TD10 buying advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddmc View Post
That would be the dream alright but I think 15K might indeed be low-balling to completely/ utterly sound-proof a decent-sized space. Plus it's only feasible if you own your own home and plan on staying for a good number of years (most people only consider e-drums because they're renting a flat/ apartment/ duplex or whatever).
And don't forget, after you've splashed out for this wonderful space, you then need to start building your dream A-kit (only to find you've run out of cash)! : )

I think you'll be happy enough with the TD-10 and associated kit Scott but of course the TD-20 is better and the TD-30 is better again (but of course the price goes up exponentially).
You may find you hate e-drums altogether and would be kicking yourself if you shelled out for a flagship model so I think the TD-10 is a good "starter kit" for you.
I paid $450 for my TD-10 without the expansion card and love it. I think alot of people are happy with them and wouldn't necessarily need to upgrade any time soon anyway. I'd budget for a new set of heads if you get the whole kit, and maybe have the little cone pickups looked at - those are an expensive fix (and I live near Roland in Los Angeles).

And the cool thing about the acoustic drums, ToddMC, is that your dream kit needn't be an outrageously high-priced instrument (like Craviottos or over-priced DW's). It just has to sound good - which is more dependent on heads and tuning skills and technique more than anything else ;)