View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 11:11 PM

Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS: Please Use This Thread To Introduce Yourself!

Hello everyone! :)

Real name? Mateusz

Age? 22

How long have you been playing? about 10 years now

Origin of user name? It's an acronym, but I can't remember for what - I've used this username in video games when I was younger :)

Your top 5 drummers? Cezary Konrad, Vinnie Colaiuta, Jojo Mayer, Philly Joe Jones, Chris Dave

Make of drumkit? Gretsch New Classic

Make of cymbal? Mostly Istanbul Agop, but also some Paiste and Sabian cymbals

Where do you practice? I rent a practice room where I put my drums. Also I have an electronic kit that I practice on at home.

Are you in a band? Yes, I've been making a living out of music for about two years now and I currently play in 3 bands as a full member and I sometimes take session work with other bands and musicians as a sideman.

Do you play covers or originals? Covers and originals :)

What style of music? My favorite styles are jazz, fusion and electronic music, but I am also into hip hop, funk, reggae, blues, pop, rock and metal. Also a bit of classical. I let all good music inspire me :)

Favourite take out food? Pizza :)

What country do you live in? Poland

One really odd fact about yourself? I hold a degree in computer engineering and I'm interested in artificial intelligence in computer games, but I'm not working a lot on it because I want to focus on music even more.

How did you start drumming? It was a random decision, to be honest. Kinda "hey, this looks like fun!" thing. My dad wanted me to learn the piano but I thought it would be boring - now I regret that decision and I want to take piano lessons in the near future, when I have more free time.