View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 03:31 PM
Gold Member

Default Re: Thoughts on this combination of cymbals? (video)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjogras View Post
Hey, sounds good! Would have liked hearing the 24" without muffling though, I always thought muffling cymbals cuts the highs more than the lows, and it makes the stick attack darker. But that may just be my experience!

Regarding the Dark thin crash, are Zildjians "thin" cymbals thicker in comparison to Sabians "thin" cymbals? Or is it just the recording? Sounds like it needs a bit of power to open up, and I'm comparing to my "thin" Sabians which pretty much open up by touching them.

Definitely enjoying the K ride the most, that bell is perfect!
Thanks! That Dream ride would easily get away from me without the tape. I know what you're saying about not liking putting tape on to cut down the wash, but it definitely helps this cymbal (in my opinion, of course.) I'm sure I'll continue to experiment with and without tape, though.

I'm not experienced with Sabian cymbals at all, so I can't really answer that. But I wasn't laying into that K crash at all and you're right, it takes a little harder hit than what I was doing to open it up! In a rock context, I'll hit harder and it opens up with a "typical" strike. I really love that crash!

Thanks man!