View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 04:50 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Met a guy who really likes his E kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket-full-of-gold View Post
Some people love pumpkin. I happen to think it tastes like pure shite.......try and convince me I'm wrong. To each his own.

He's out there sloggin' it doing something he loves. Doing exactly the same thing as the rest of us.......playing music and making people happy. Why not just enjoy it for what it is instead of pulling his whole thing apart....not because of what he plays, but what he plays it on?

If he really loves his e-kit, more power to him. Who the hell are we to tell him he's got it wrong? In my world, elitism used to be the domain of guitar players.......then it would seem, they invented drum forums. :-)
To paraphrase someone else, I was gonna formulate a response, but... ^^^

And what is all this about work ethic? Do you still grind your wheat with two flat rocks? Walk to work? Spin your wool (from sheep you've raised) into yarn so you can make your clothes on a hand loom? Where do you draw the line?

The guy can play or not play, and the drums sound good, or don't sound good. That's pretty much it as far as I'm concerned. And even those are just opinions for the most part. Chill, Uncle Larry. :-)