View Single Post
Old 04-10-2006, 01:39 AM
DW Pro Drummer

Default Re: I'm here! - Billy Ward

Thanks guys! S2K - I'm not understanding what your question is here. If you or anyone else can clarify, I'll be happy to try to answer. I don't recall EVER playing the hats with sticks from UNDERNEATH... so...huh?
but thanks for the comps!

and...
Quote:
Originally Posted by drumbig
Hey Billy, I recently watched your dvd Big Time just before leaving for a gig. I had to play 36 covers of wich I new about 10. I really felt comfortable and confident going into the set after watching it everything went fine. So thanks for getting me pumped up haha. I do have one question who makes your cymbal stands that you use for stacking w/ the hi hat like top? I looked on DW's sight and didn't see them.

P. S. The earlier post about your age really floored me I thought you were like 35. Maybe there is still hope for me yet!

Thanks Drumbig - the part you are looking for is a DW part#9212. It is an arm that sits in a normal DW stand and you can mount two cymbals together like in x-hat configuration. Other companies make this kindo f thing as well, but NONE of them make it so that you can place very heavy 22" cymbal OVER a little 10 or 12 and still adjust the exact amount they are touching each other. Regarding those cover band gigs... I've dont that a ton in the past. This is why my book (modern Drummer publications) ends with my approach for what I call a "quickie chart system". You might enjoy seeing that sometime.
thanks agian-
Bw