View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 06:39 AM
Silver Member

Default Re: The Manliest fight ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inneedofgrace View Post
Have you ever watched those dumbest video shows? I am amazed at how people (usually younger ones) do the stupidest things that result in almost 100% chance of bodily injury. Especially the idiots that do stunts on skates and skateboards. Hopefully, because of all the hits to the family jewels, they won't be able to reproduce. LOL
I'm not advocating doing things that crazy, but there have been no deaths in the ufc, the main mma league. Recently someone died in an amateur mma fight, but it was the result of no saftey measures and inadequate medical personnel and training. Fighting is not all that dangerous when it has rules, proper preparation and good officiating.

Some things are stupid. I won't do many life threatening things, and when I do, I am extremely careful. There is a difference between taking risks and being stupid. If you are going to do something that will endanger your life, you need to take every precaution to keep safe and not get hurt. Some get cocky, and die. I heard about an incredible rock climber who would free climb without ropes up insane cliffs by himself, but now he is dead because he was "too good to mess up".