Re: What are the must haves for gigging?
I don't really have anything new to add but here's my gig list.
- Kit (of course) -- with each piece with it's own hard case.
- Hardware (in a hard case)
- Spare snare
- Cymbal case with appropriate amount of cymbals.
- Drum rug -- with Velcro tape to mark pedal and stand positions (less permanent than duct tape.
- Stick bag with appropriate amount of sticks, brushes, mallets, metronome, drum keys, stick wax, batteries (for metronome and forgetful guitarists). I also have a small keychain light attached to my stick bag strap. It's helped me find that lost drum key, felt, etc, in the dark a few times.
- Spare heads -- usually snare and kick.
- A multi compartment hardware box that holds a bunch of felts, wingnuts, spare beater, moleskin (for bass drum head) spare hi-hat clutch, screws, and a Leatherman multi-tool.
- Bottle of water.
That's all I can think of right now since I'm not packed for a gig at the moment.
Oh, also a multi-cart too. It helps making load-in/load-out much easier. However, you may be able to use your...assets to get some folks to help you.
Just be careful with letting others handle your drums. I've had issues with this in the past...