View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 08:06 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: A week In 'Nawlins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumolator View Post
It depends on what type of music you like. The aquarium and zoo are nice. So is the Riverwalk. I will be going to New Orleans on May 3 to see Gov't Mule. Peace and goodwill.
Jazz, funk, and pretty much anything else with a groove.. G'mule heck of a band.. would love to see Derek Trucks play, but I dont show up till much later. Thanks Mark, and have a great time at the gig!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theSIOUX View Post
I've spent two weeks in Nola every summer since I was 14. I am 21 now.

I stay at the Country Inn off Magazine street. A VERY safe location and great hotel. It is a block from famous Canal Street and a few blocks thus from Bourbon street. The French quarter is the place to be. You have all the parks, piers and parties at walking distance. Cafe Beignet is my favorite Bourbon street happening. It is a beignet and po-boy restaurant with outdoor live jazz music. I know the area quite well surprisingly.

In June it shouldn't be bad, I went there in mid July and August the last few years and that was hell to this Coloradan. What is this thing called humidity?
Great tips! I'll look them up thanks. Humidity is one ditty I dont care for either... but I guess, it gets sweaty down there. Thanks !!