View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 03:58 AM

Default Re: How rare is it to find a band that has a practice space with a kit for you to use? Advice needed

I think it is all about your personal situation,much like others have said. Why do you play? Enjoyment? Money? Excitement? Certainly all of these reasons, and others, are important...but what is most important?

I've left bands where I got along great with the other players and had an affinity with the song selections, but they were not gigging or not gigging enough.

The practice space thing to me is unimportant. I have drums, I'll bring 'em..in fact I prefer to play my stuff, even if a kit is provided. I like to be comfortable and have my sounds at hand.

That being said, I dislike rehearsals. Oh they're necessary sometimes, especially when difficult songs are being worked out, but I much prefer to get a CD or whatever and work on it on my own. A gig is worth at least 3 rehearsals in my opinion...you have to get it right first go. You just have to do your homework.

From what I can glean from the discussion is that you really aren't enjoying the experience, for many reasons. I'd bounce, and now. You are not beholden to these people, and there are literally thousands of others who can play that would most likely be better suited to your tastes