View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 08:17 PM

Default Re: Roland TD-11 module questions

I recently bought the TD-11ks, and I'm very pleased with it.I added a second floor tom (there's an expansion option for one dual trigger on the module); I got a used PD-8 for $70; it can function as tom or cymbal. Even with fairly reasonably priced headphones (I have the ATH-M50), you get great base, and I have assigned the extra tom, naturally, to some nice base sounds from the library in the module. I don't know anything about adding drums kits from a computer, or at least accessing them as you can't add them to the module. But, I find the kit works very well with iTunes, especially since all my music library is in WAV files, not the 'lite' default iTunes mode, which severely reduces sound quality. I've also listened to songs on a USB, but of course WAV file songs are massive (CD quality and CD size) so you can't get many on a USB drive unless you get 128 gb. My iTunes library is already almost 100 gb, and I only started building it a couple of months ago. Check all the online dealers as they often have great reviews for drum kits (and they are often written by actual purchasers),