View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 11:46 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Putting myself out there ( uncle Larry, this ones for you)

WOW, WOW, WOW! How much fun was that? After stressing for the last 24 hours the girls came over and then we conquered! Okay, so it wasn't Zep or Rush or anything but we played and it's the most fun I've had in a really long time: ) And yes, Uncle Larry, you were right...lol.

Absolutely nothing fancy but kept the beats, even on songs I'd never played before, and even threw in a little fill or two here and there when it felt right :) THAT really impressed them...lol. Evidently their previous drummer could barely do a simple rock beat so I really didn't have much to live up to. However I have to say I've never been prouder than when after the second song they looked at each other and said...not that's a real drummer!!!

Now I'm the first to say there was absolutely nothing impressive in what I was doing but I was happy that there wasn't a song I couldn't at least come up with something and I kept up with them okay. I think this band thing might work out! :) We meet again in two weeks (One of them is leaving on vacation or we'd do it sooner) and we'll see what happens then.

Thanks to everyone for the encouragement that got me here. Lots of work to do but what a great first session. Yep, I'm hooked on this playing with others thing....so much less stressful than I ever thought it would be :)