View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 09:48 AM
Pollyanna's Agent

Default Re: Product review: Axis Sonic Hammer (bass drum beater)

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryace View Post
This thread is dedicated to that wonderful gentleman, Henri, aka MAD
I feel honored Uncle Larry, thank you my friend :)

Quote:
So at the risk of looking even more like an idiot, I will just flat out say that I was way off on this.
You certainly don't look like an idiot Larry, the theory you explained in the other thread made sense, even if I guessed that the benefit if any, would be negligible in terms of feel.

But I did warn you that a different beater weight could affect the feel and the sound of your strokes, even with the same technique being used and the same pressure power.

At the end of the day, we'll hit our snares and toms heads at an angle with our sticks, seems kinda logical it happen with the beater on the BD batter heads.

There's way of reducing the fatigue you're experiencing by adjusting the "whole setting", and by "setting", I don't mean just the pedal, I did a thread on this topic, I don't know if you've seen it, here it is http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=93800, everything is said in the OP, you need a "setting" which allow you to cover all style and dynamic level, effortlessly and in in relaxed manner, like you do with your hand/stick.

Quote:
So that's pretty much it. Thanks for letting me sound like a tool and allowing me prove it beautifully, publicly, for all to chuckle at...
Not chuckling here... ahem... but honestly Larry, you had to go the whole way with your concept, it is the only way for sure to understand and know what works for you or not, you're simply wiser than before now :)