View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 12:52 PM
Silver Member

Default Re: Evans new Level 360 drum heads

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric_B View Post
So you're saying it is obvious to see the difference between an old and a new head?
Is there a way to make sure?
Hey Eric, I actually bought a set of G plus recently, from Thomann as well. Yes, it's quite easy to see the difference, the Level 360 heads have a sharper bend at the top of the collar, then it's the steep part, and then there's a slight bend outwards, while the old ones just have the bend at the top, and then straight all the way to the rim. My 8", 10", 14" and 16" are the old design, but the coated snare head and the 12" had the steep collar, no 360 logo though. However, they all fit perfectly, and were very easy to tune up. I don't know if I can distiguish any difference in sound, would be nice to check with two identical drums. One thing I do know, is that they all fit better than all the Remo heads I have... But I do have some abnormaly large-for-their-size Sonors, Evans seems to be my head of choice.

So if Thomann claims they only sell only new heads, that's bullshit. Which is strange, because I've received nothing but perfect service from them.

Well, does your head fit nicely? Is it easy to tune? Does it sound great? I bet it does. Enjoy! :)

Last edited by Sjogras; 04-11-2013 at 08:42 PM.