View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 08:44 PM
Pollyanna's Agent

Default Re: Favorite Song You Now Dislike

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumEatDrum View Post
Although they were never my favorites, still, oh yes. Years of mis-spent youth spending money buying fusion albums just because they had name players on them, just to realize after a while the music was just that: Elevator music.

Kids today with their fancy internet don't ever have to know the horror of wasting $12.99 on an album of mindless chop blowing just because it seemed like a good idea at the time.
Ditto for me, like you Ian and Grea, I had, and still have, tons of elevator fusion with big famous drummers displaying their chops in a overplaying fashion, I almost don't listen to these records anymore, but at the time, they had an influence on my playing, I went through my "fusion" drumming at one stage, not with the same "chops expertise" though.

The same happened with my "Rush" years, trying to do a NP type of drumming in my bands, but somehow you always get back to the music that's dear to your heart, even after all these years, I'm a rock drummer at heart, always has been and always will be, I can't shake it off, although I did try at different stages, I guess we cannot deny where we're coming from musically.