View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 10:50 PM
Pioneer Member

Default Re: Putting myself out there ( uncle Larry, this ones for you)

Congrats! Very well written and it should help "dial-in" prospects. This should be very exciting for you. From my experience, nothing will do more to improve your playing than playing with others. Great fun.

Here's my Craigslist drummer ad, which is a takeoff spoof of the bass player ad that's been circulating out there for a while now.

DRUMMER FOR PAYING GIGS ONLY - ATLANTA METRO

Drummer available for PAYING GIGS ONLY. I play in 4/4 or 4/4 with a slight swing. If your songs are not in 4/4 then please transpose them into 4/4. If your song is in 3/4 or anything off-the-wall like 7/8, I will probably sit out that song or just play tambourine. Or I could learn those songs for $30 each. If you want me to do fancy stuff like go back and forth between 4/4 and 4/4 with a little swing, forget it because I'm a "pocket" player. By the way, Rush songs or any progressive or metal stuff has a lot of notes, so I usually go about a penny a note. It works out to about $50 bucks a song. Encores are free though.

Minimum $100 per gig within a 5 mile radius of zip code 30188. $5/mile travel charge for other areas of town.
Please make sure your gigs are on an MARTA route or you can pick me up at my place. Must be home by 11 PM due to previous legal hassles. No gigs within 500 yards of schools, parks or playgrounds.

Please send all inquiries to guestuser@schlotkerehabilitationcenter.com

;-)

Last edited by TTNW; 04-09-2013 at 04:47 AM.