Thread: Show your wood
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 03:17 PM

Default Re: Show your wood

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep it simple View Post
Only slight negative I can see is what appears to be minor lug splay, but that may just be the photo. In close up photo's with a standard point & shoot lens, it sometimes happens.

If I may make one suggestion, if you get the chance at some stage, try it with "S" hoops. IMHO, they go together beautifully.
Thanks man. You're right, there may be a minor lug splay. Even in person, it's so slight that I'm still not sure! haha

How would you say the S hoop would act as opposed to the 2.3 triple flange?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathmetalconga View Post
Wow! Intense color, totally natural. Love it and good job on the finishing and assembly. If I may ask, what did the raw shell cost, how much for hardware, etc.? I have been thinking of doing something like this.

Also, what brand is the throwoff? I have one exactly the same I got on Craigslist and I love it, but there's no marking. Kind of like a Trick and infinitely adjustable.
Thank you. I believe this shell was $230 shipped. Just contact Josh. Really good prices and build quality. He added the re-rings at no cost. I believe he has shells on ebay all the time too.

Concerning the throw-off, I believe it's just Ego Drum Supply brand. It's a great throwoff, as you said, because it holds its tension in any position.

Edit: I found Josh's ebay store here. It looks like the shells are cheaper than I thought. He also offers custom builds and layout/drilling. Great option for a DIY project.

Last edited by adam!; 04-01-2013 at 05:14 PM.