View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 08:36 PM
Pollyanna's Agent

Default Re: Adjustable bass drum beaters

Well, when my lower back was making my playing painful and uncomfortable, I broke all my rules and applied new ones... if I knew the benefit it would make, not only the painless experience it achieved, but to my playing in general, I would have done it ages ago, despite the kit looking a bit funny now :)

It's only a mean to an end, and no one will ever noticed you've changed slightly your pedal setting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryace View Post
...pedal hammer to strike the bass drum batter head at a 90 degree angle, so as not to prematurely wear the batter head by an angled hammer.
I hear you Larry, for this you simply use the Tama beaters, they come in felt, wood and rubber, the beauty of them, you can adjust the angle of the beater on the shaft, so even if the beater travel past the 12:00 position, it still hit the head at 90 angle.

Here's the Tama beaters...

They have a sliding weight on the shaft, so you can easily reproduce the same feel and weight of your DW beater.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryace View Post
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. Either way, I'm a horse in this scenario lol.
I wasn't implying you're a horse Uncle Larry, just saying you were a bit stubborn (in my eyes only, of course)

:)