View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 06:26 PM
"Uncle Larry"

Default Re: Adjustable bass drum beaters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad About Drums View Post
Larry, is your bass drum slightly raised from the ground at the front of the drum (reso side), as it help reduce the course of the beater to strike the batter head.

You can also adjust the angle of the beater on the pedal without changing the angle of the footboard and the spring tension, this would displaced the course of the beater without affecting the feel of the pedal, ie: with the same amount of foot pressure, what was previously the 12:00 position will become the 13:00 position of the beater, if you get my meaning.

These 2 suggestions added together could resolve your problem.
Thanks for the suggestions Henri. I don't like my bass drum raised up in the front. I want equal pressure on my counter hoops. I want my batter head perpendicular to the floor as much as possible. I don't want my beater traveling past the 12:00 position. Waaa lol. Even though your suggestions would probably work, they offend my sense of...well I'm not sure what sense they offend, but something would be offended lol.

I like the Sonic Hammer solution. Heck, I could even adjust it so the beater doesn't even make it to 12:00. I'm not sure that's necessary, but for all I know, I might like that.

Mainly, I wanted to see if there were any other beaters that have a similar solution, to select the one that's best engineered.