View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 05:43 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Dunnett R-4L 2011/12 Model Vs 2013 Model???

Welcome to the forum!

Ahhhhhh. So the holes were moved?
That probably explains why the R4-L hasn't been available (for well over a year). I wanted at least one of these for my BB's as well, and now I know why.

Even now, when I click "buy" links from Gibraltars site, no one has them. I've never even seen one of these in person.

I'd contact Ronn by email, or a Facebook message, and see if he can shed any other light on the subject.
The parts are probably made by Gibraltar, so it's a supply/shipping issue on their part--and then if some specs were changed by Ludwig, imagine the nightmare!

Your solution seems to work for now, but yeah, it would be nice to have one "fit" the way it's supposed to. For 60-70 bucks for a strainer, you want it to be right.

If the R4-L just bums you out too much, a P-86 will be much nicer than the 85 that blew up.
I've had no issues with mine (10 of them now) since they were put on. The oldest have been on a long time, I can't remember how long--8-9 years probably.

Good luck with this--and enjoy your snare!!