View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 06:17 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Should I warn them???

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryace View Post
While outwardly, it may seem that there is a "clique" of regular posters, and really, there's no way to escape that impression, it's not a closed loop. New blood is encouraged by all. Look at the warm reception Markadiddle got. That is not the hallmark of a "clique", where "outsiders" are discouraged.
DW members have all been amazingly open and tolerant to me since joining. I think this is true of most new members however as a new member you also have to be willing to put yourself out there and join in on the conversations. If someone expects to be a part of the group without participating on a semi-intelligent, non-threatening level themselves, then of course they are not going to feel like they fit in. It's really all about what YOU make your experience to be.

For me, I've found a great little family of drumming friends here that are among some of the finest people I've met. Now I just wish I could meet some of you fine people in person...anyone want to buy a poor gal a plane ticket to England? :P