View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 11:06 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Issues with tuning - '00 Stage Custom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlbanik View Post
Thats great to hear! I was doing some research on this kit after I picked it up for a steal! I came across a forum where someone was complaining about their older SC kit staying in tune. I really didn't think too much of it since it was only one dudes opinion. Get this....I got this kit in mint condition, with gig bags, hardware, pedal, original Yamaha cymbals, EVERYTHIN, for $150! Some person listed it on Craigslist with a photo of what they "thought it looked like". The girl got these 5 years ago, attempted to learn for a while, got fed up, put them back in their cases, and there they sat! This couple ended up moving out of state and leving some things behind until the house house sold. Well....the house ended up selling and they were in a mad rush to clear the place out. I offered $150 sight unseen and she took the offer. I had no idea what model they were, what kind of shape they were in, etc...I had to drive a little over an hour, so I was crossing my fingers for a good buy. Low and behold, I opened the gig bags and these beauties were inside! Their friend that met me their for the sale was an older gentleman (70's) when he saw them he said "can't beat that deal with a stick!" I agreed while attempting to hold back my; HELL YEAH face! I'll post some pics tonight or tomorrow.
Nicely done! Enjoy them... I've played my SCs for hundreds of gigs and they sound like they ought to cost thousands.