View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 01:13 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Saw a UFO at band practice tonight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacteriumFendYoke View Post
2001 has nothing to do with anything other than being a great film.

I edited my original post. Trust me, physicists have imagination. I've met a few. Same with mathematicians - my brother is one.
It's actually more than that.I read an interview with Kubrick years ago,when he had finally gotten tired of people asking what the film was all about.

He spoke about space exploration and type one civiliazations.

He said..."what's the first thing we started doing in the exploration of space,and what do we continue to do to this day"?

We send probes,and we would send robots and autonomous machines to different planets,before sending people.That's what the monoliths were.Machines that could self replicate,sent to educate,contact,evaluate,build and possibley seed life on other worlds.

They were sent to this solar system by a type one civilisation,infinitly more abvanced than ourselves.

Pretty cool stuff.If ET were going to contact us,they would send machines first,which they may or may not,have already done.Baby steps.Think about the panic that would ensue if a space craft landed in the middle of Hyde Park or the White House Lawn.

Steve B