Default Re: Need recommendations for London sightseeing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bermuda View Post
Agree with the above, although I think Pro Perc just closed. :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by er-minio View Post
Wow. I didn't know it was that famous.
Sadly, it closed down a couple of years ago (I live close by) :(
That's sad news, Pro Perc is were I bought my first Zildjian cymbal back in 1980, they had a smaller shop, also in Kentish Town, then they opened a much larger store down the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep it simple View Post
Larry, I'm going to do my best to stay on for a day after the show (if you're not sick of me by then). It's logistically difficult to do, but how often am I going to get such a great hang opportunity?
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryace View Post
I think Grea and Daisy are in. We still need to know who else wants to hang on Monday and and Tuesday. Henri? Duncan?
Larry, Andy, yes I agree, such an opportunity to all hang around together in London is not going to happen that often, lol, it would be a great event if we could all be together for at least one day after the LDS, with Grea, Daisy, Duncan and whoever from the forum who could attend, you can count me in, I don't know what job I'll be doing in the UK and where I'll live, but I won't missed such an opportunity, that's for sure :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon La Ply View Post
Great list, Henri. Assuming that's too many for young Larry to cram in in a couple of days, which would you consider the "must sees"?
Funnily enough, during the summer holiday in 1980, I visited most of these sites in an hour stucked in my wife sister's Mini by night, lol, she would say "here's Trafalgar Square" or "thats Bugkingham Palace", the quickest ever tour of London sight seeing :)

I've been every summer after that on holiday in London until I moved to the UK in 89, I've seen all these sites many, many times, it all depends what makes you tick obviously, but as Duncan mentioned, many of these sites are just walking distances from each other, within a couple of hours you'll have seen a large amount of central London.

Covent Garden is a nice place to hang out, with many little market stands and street performing artists.

Oxford Street and Piccadilly Circus have huge Music mega store, like HMV, Virgin and Tower Records, they're gold mines, I use to spend days in them, they're so big :)