View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 10:01 AM

Default Re: Saw a UFO at band practice tonight!

Totally believe you Andy... :)

I hope you don't mind me relating my experience?

I'm not a believer in all things paranormal or anything, quite the opposite, a determined cynic and rationalist usually.

But... I've had two such encounters in my life. I'm not saying anything about aliens, but they were unidentified and flying which in my book (like Andy's encounter), makes them UFOs until I have a realistic and plausible explanation.

The last was 20 years ago when my wife and I were in Brecon, Wales. Walking back to our B&B from an anniversary dinner late one night (around 23:30). We saw twelve lights in the sky (red and white) a long way away (possibly in the direction of the Bristol Channel), and totally silent. We watched them for about 8 to 10 minutes as they moved in and out, pulsed a little and usually made symmetrical patterns in the sky; fairly closely grouped. But before anyone suggests weather balloons, flares or Chinese lanterns, when they finished their 'display' they raced off across the sky in a couple of seconds. They were certainly faster than would be possible by any aircraft I know; and like Andy I'm an experienced observer.

To say we were totally gob-smaked would be an understatement. We still remember it well and discuss it occasionally to this day whenever the UFO topic comes up.

Chromium