View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 06:59 PM
The Old Hyde

Default Re: New pedal from Malleus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep it simple View Post
I do want to take one design point, & that's the use of hex screws (cap head or otherwise) instead of drum key operated screws. Hex screws are stronger size for size, & also access with a hex key is typically better. For those reasons, we're using hex screws for the string/ribbon clamps on our new strainer. I get the 1 tool convenience of using tension screws for everything, but the fact is, they're not always the best engineering choice.
Just my non engineering opinion, and i really like these pedals honesly, i couldnt live with the hex screws. i have dropped my key on a dark stage and somtimes it take 30 looong seconds to find it. a hex key would end up in another dimesion and leave me helpless to set up my pedals and the fear of that alone is a no deal for me. engineering aside, practicality wins over for me. i like the fact the my key fits all of the pieces of my kit and my pedals. i carry more than one key, and in this case a backup hex key makes sense i guess but i just cant get past that for some reason. its like the left hand thread scews, some people hated the idea of that and this is one thing i seem to not like one these pedals. i have to let it go damnit!!!!!!!